La Rosière is a superb mountain resort and holiday destination, in winter as well as in summer!
Winter in La Rosière
- Ranked as the 6th most attractive ski resort out of more than 200 French ski resorts, according to the Figaro newspaper in their 2018 rankings (rated according to the quality of its snow, the number and extent of its ski slopes, price range and levels of difficulty)
- La Rosière is the most Italian of the French ski resorts, located in the Espace San Bernardo, with its 180 kms of ski slopes, straddled across the border between France and Italy
- With snow guaranteed from the beginning of December right through to the end of April and with its ski slopes ranging in altitude from 1850m and 2800m, La Rosière’s position close to the Little Saint Bernard Pass, gives it all the advantages of snowfalls!
- The sun will still be shining when you’ve finished your day’s skiing, thanks to La Rosière’s uniquely sunny position in the Tarentaise Valley
- Wind down and relax in an atmosphere that takes in the best of local culture and regional cuisine, located between the Aosta Valley (Italy) and of Savoy (France)
- Its ski slopes are suitable for all levels: from gentle, beginners’ slopes for new or inexperienced skiers, to steeper, more challenging ones for those looking for thrills and excitement
- A family-oriented ski resort, ready to welcome you with smiles and offering plenty of activities for all ages
- Local and regional cuisine is a highlight of a stay in La Rosière, with plenty of choice of good food on offer, with local restaurants serving Savoyard specialities (raclette, cheese fondue, tartiflette etc.) and classic Italian delights (pizza, pasta, fontina etc.), in the resort itself or directly on the slopes
- Off-piste skiers will enjoy the advantages of being close to Italy, with possibility of being dropped by helicopter on some of the most beautiful Italian peaks
New in 2018-19: 5 ski slopes to be added to the Espace San Bernardo ski domain
The ski domain in La Rosière – the Espace San Bernardo – will be extended to include 5 new ski slopes on Mont Valaisan. The new highest point in La Rosière will then culminate at 2800 metres in altitude, giving more experienced and ambitious skiers an opportunity to try out their technical prowess on a range of more difficult slopes
Summer in La Rosière means…
- Enjoying the best of French and Italian mountains, with Italy less than 10 minutes away by car over the Little Saint-Bernard Pass
- Playing golf on the 9-hole golf course, on some of the highest greens in Europe
- Trying your hand at mountain biking, on the resort’s biking trails, with unrivalled views over the Tarentaise mountains and Mont Blanc
- Savouring mountain sports at their very best with trails, mountain-biking and hiking in beautiful natural surroundings, just waiting to be explored. For serious sports enthusiasts, the La Rosière Trail is a challenge not to be missed
- Taking part in a variety of events and festivities organised throughout the summer: the Fêtes des Clarines, Festival Vent d’Est (East Wind festival), the Saint-Bernard meet and much more!
- Enjoying spectacular sunsets
- Having fun at the Plan de l’Arc sports centre, with sporting activities for all ages: a skateboard park, slides, climbing walls, sports grounds and a barbecue area!
- Savouring the best of French and Italian cuisine in the Italian village of La Thuile in the Aosta Valley. Fancy having lunch in Italy and back for dinner in France? No problem, just take a culinary tour over the Italian border at the Little Saint-Bernard Pass.